THINKING OF YOU

in , , , , , , , , by Stacey Marsh Independent UK Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, January 09, 2018
Hi all,

One thing I have challenged myself to do this year is to make a number of cards/projects with one stamp set being the main focus.....this should give you (and me) a good idea of the different ways you can utilise a single set, and help stretch my imagination!  Well that's the idea anyway!

Todays card is using the Remarkable You stamp set which is just gorgeous! You get 4 large stamps and 2 sentiments. It comes in both Clear and Wood Mount options.


I spent some time crafting with my Mum last week, and recently she has been more into quilting than paper crafting, and she asked how is it I can come up with these ideas so easily?  The idea is that I don't.....

As always, before starting with any product, I like to have a little look online to gather some ideas to aid the flow of inspiration and I must say Pinterest did not disappoint, this is clearly a much-loved set!

​As i mentioned earlier, my challenge is to make a number of projects with each stamp set and this is my favourite card from my first play with this set!





This card is made from a card blank measuring 4, 1/8" x 5,3/4" that I have cut from an A4 sheet of Crumb Cake A4 Cardstock.


The Black and White Striped DSP is from the Petal Passion​ collection.

To create the blue background I have spritzed some Watercolour Paper ​and added a wash of  ink from a Marina Mist Classic Stampin' Pad using an Aqua Painter ​and dried with a Heat Tool. To create the black dots I have splashed from a distance some Basic Black Archival Stampin' Pad on the tip of an 
Aqua Painter.

I have stamped the flower using a Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad onto Very Vanilla A4 Cardstock and cut around it with scissors, leaving a small outline. This has then been coloured in using Stampin' Blends and attached to the background using Stampin' Dimensionals to give some added dimension.

I have tied some 5/8" Burlap Ribbon around the card and secured with some Tear and Tape Adhesive to keep in place.

​The sentiment comes from the Lots of Love Stamp Set  and here it has been stamped onto 
Very Vanilla Cardstock and punched out using the 2 inch Circle Punch. Using the Starburst Punch, I have cut a shape in Basic Black A4 Cardstock and attached to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals

To finish, I have added some Silver Sequins​ from the Metallic Sequin Assortment randomly


My usual stamping style is to stamp directly onto White / Vanilla but I really do think the combination of the Blue and Purple makes the flower pop!  

Thanks for reading ladies and gents.  If you would like to try out any of these techniques I have tried on this card, why not try one of my classes?

Stacey
xx

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment



CLEARANCE RACK

© STACEY MARSH · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS